Welcome to Don’t Keep Your Day Job! In this first episode, Cathy reveals the secrets that have transformed her creative career into a success. What advice from other creative minds has inspired her? How did a stranger on a standby flight change her life? What is the biggest excuse that holds people back from achieving their dreams, and how can you get motivated to overcome that? Say goodbye to that 9 to 5 grind, and start making strides towards the career change so you can make money doing what you truly love.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- You can’t just work hard. You have to work smart.
- Do your research.
- Embrace what you deserve. You deserve to be happy.
- Polite persistence pays off.
- Be authentic and appreciative.
- Have certainty.
- Be resourceful.
- Stop wasting energy complaining. Use it to take action instead.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Ingrid Michaelson’s "The Way I Am" Old Navy commercial
- iMac Flavours - the computers that smile at you
- Lumineers “Hey Ho”
- Jeff Garlin
- Will Smith's "I'm going to die on a treadmill" on Tavis Smiley
- Angela Duckworth’s TEDTalk on grit
- Bill Burr
- Beautiful - The Carole King Musical
- Michael Jordan
- Entertaining with Emily
- Cathy's Billboard article
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.