How to Craft a Successful DIY Blog - Elise Blaha Cripe
Blogger Elise Blaha Cripe, founder of Get to Work Book, has experimented with a variety of DIY projects - scrapbooking, letterpress prints, wedding invitations...you name it, she’s done it. But how did she figure out exactly what product she wanted to create? Step by step, she explains what specific goal led her to quit her retail job, what social platforms she uses to market her business, and what she tells herself to break through mental barriers.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Sometimes less is more. You don’t always have to look for more - do what's manageable. You can be happy with where you’re at.
- Overnight successes take 10 years. Sometimes they don’t, sometimes they do.
- Don’t panic, don’t get overwhelmed by the whole process. Start small and focus on something small that you can do today.
- There’s always a space for a good idea.
- If you feel like you’re in a crisis, remember all the obstacles you've already overcome.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Check out Elise's blogs
- ELISE JOY
- enJOY it
- Start setting your goals with Elise's daily planner, Get to Work Book
- Listen to Elise's podcast, Elise Gets Crafty
- Jolby and Friends
- Big Cartel
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.