Freida Rothman has sold her luxury jewelry and accessories in giant national retail stores like Nordstrom and Bloomingdales. After years of helping other designers perfect their label, she realized that her name deserved to be on her own collection. She explains what homework she did to find untapped markets within the jewelry business, how networking at trade shows resulted in an opportunity with Nordstrom, and how you can have realistic expectations but continue to fight for your dream.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Do your homework. Find out what else is out there and figure out how you're going to corner the area where no one else is.
- Stay on trend but be different. Why should anyone pick up your product if you look like the next guy?
- Know yourself, your capabilities, and your product.
- Allow yourself to make mistakes - but learn from them.
- Persevere but be realistic. Offer to send physical samples and ask for honest feedback.
- If your approach isn't working, then it's time to change the plan.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Check out Freida's website
- Follow Freida Rothman on Instagram and Facebook
- Find her products at Nordstrom or Bloomingdale's
- Some tips on how to network at trade shows
- What is a private label?
- Gary Vee aka Gary Vaynerchuk
- Freida's new line of eyewear
- Sara Bareilles' She Used to be Mine
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.