Gretchen Rubin, #1 bestselling author (The Happiness Project, Better Than Before) and host of the critically acclaimed podcast “Happier with Gretchen Rubin” joins Cathy to dish out the secrets on how to be happy. How do you first identify what truly makes you happy? How can understanding your personality type help you set smart goals towards success? She also explains how to change your habits, how to be accountable for your progress, and why we all deserve to be happy.
Thanks to Slack for supporting Don’t Keep Your Day Job! Slack: Where work happens. Find out why at slack.com.
Thanks to Away for supporting Don’t Keep Your Day Job! Go to awaytravel.com/dreamjob and use the promo code dreamjob to get $20 off your order!
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Our passions sometimes tend to slip away, but you can bring it back.
- Change always starts with yourself.
- One of the best ways to make yourself happy is to make other people happy. And one of the best ways to make other people happy is to be happy yourself.
- Don’t look at your options as black and white / this or that. It’s possible to have both.
- When you're making goals, get to know yourself better. You'll set yourself up for success, not failure.
- We’re all more or less the same, but the differences are very important - especially when you’re understanding who you are.
- Ask yourself - what makes you truly happy? How can you make space for it?
- We overlook what we can do over the long term if we just do a little every day.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Gretchen Rubin’s website
- Subscribe to her podcast, Happier with Gretchen Rubin
- Read her books - The Happiness Project, Better Than Before, Power Money Fame Sex, order her latest book - The Four Tendencies)
- Get to know yourself with her personality quizzes
- How to Sell, Then Write Your Nonfiction Book
- Take the habits quiz - which of the Four Tendencies are you? Upholder, Questioner, Obliger, or Rebel? Find out here
- Side Hustle School
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.