Fashion designer Susan Lazar has sold her clothing line in national luxury department stores such as Neiman Marcus, Barneys New York, and Saks. Find out what she did to reach the right contacts, how to create a successful brand, and why sometimes it’s better to put off the “how” and just jump in.
Thanks to Audible for supporting our podcast! Listen to Audible’s new original series, Sincerely X. Details at audible.com/sincerelyx. Audible and Amazon Prime members listen free.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Just jump in and figure out the "how" later.
- Don't undersell yourself or your product. Know your worth.
- Don't take "no" for an answer.
- Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Keep going and the door will open.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Egg by Susan Lazar
- Check out Egg's blog
- Rhode Island School of Design (RISD)
- Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT)
- Randolph Duke
- Michael Kors
- Henri Bendel
- Read how Susan's old business partner Adam Neumann founded his current company, WeWork
- Luxury department stores that carried Susan's clothing line - Neiman Marcus, Barneys, Saks, Dillard's
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.