What Can You Do Today?
You're inspired to pursue your creative dream - but where the heck do you even begin? This week, Cathy shares the first good habits that will kickstart your success. What do you specifically need to ask yourself? What steps can you make right now? She also answers questions from some listeners about gaining more attention and creating stories behind the content. This is the year of no excuses, so stop working for someone else's dream and start taking action to turn your creative passion into a full-time career.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Take action. You have to execute your idea.
- Don’t try to be perfect.
- If you know the what and the why, you’ll figure out the how.
- Be specific about what you want to do.
- Your greatest resource is your resourcefulness.
- There are no excuses.
- Don’t wait for the opportunity - create it for yourself.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Diane Warren
- New York Times article on Claudia Berroa's flan
- Story of Colonel Sanders and KFC
- Kevin Smith’s budget for Clerks
- Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee
- Elizabeth Gilbert
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.