What does it mean to have gratitude? How can you be happier by being thankful? Binny Freedman, lecturer and inspirational educator shares how he's stayed grateful through dark moments, why purpose is the key to gratitude, and how you can find something to be thankful for every single day.
Click here to join the check-in call on Tuesday, November 21 at 9:30 am PST!
Thanks to SkillShare! Get a month of unlimited access -- absolutely FREE at www.skillshare.com/DreamJob
Thanks to Slack! Slack: Where work happens. Find out why at slack.com.
Thank you FabFitFun! Get $10 off your first box at FabFitFun.com and use promo code dreamjob.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Gratitude is about appreciating that you can make a difference.
- If you're here, then you matter.
- Don't worry about the traffic jam you're in. Think about the accident you missed.
- Life is fragile. Challenge yourself to remember that gift when life seems normal.
- When something happens, ask yourself "Is there something I can learn from this?" Practice this in the small situations so you're prepared to use it in the bigger problems.
- Happiness is about purpose, not pleasure.
- If your life revolves around yourself, it limits your ability to experience purpose.
- Whatever action you decide to do in life, be in that moment.
- We have the ability to make people feel like they matter because they do matter.
- Go to sleep and ask, "Was the world better off because I was here?" Maybe yes. Maybe not. But there's always tomorrow.
- There's someone out there who will be better off from meeting you. It's worth finding them.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Get more of Binny Freedman at Isralight.org
- The Sbarro suicide bombing in Jerusalem
- Viktor Frankl on logotherapy
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.