Kristeen Griffin-Grimes’ boutique company, French Girl Organics has a successful line of luxury skincare and beauty products across the country - and it’s only getting bigger. So how did this business blossom from Kristeen’s simple love for botany and French aesthetics? She also shares what lessons we can all learn from the European lifestyle, how Etsy led to popular retailers like Anthropologie, where she’s planning to expand next, and why gratitude and confidence are essential to achieving your dreams.
Thank you Casper for supporting Don’t Keep Your Day Job! Save $50 on a mattress at Casper http://www.casper.com/dreamjob and use code dreamjob.
Thanks to Slack for being a supporter of our podcast! Slack: Where work happens. Find out why at slack.com
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- It takes time to develop your voice, hone your skills, and make sure your story comes out loud and clear. Be patient.
- When you do something you love, you'll be grateful for it even when things seem all screwed up.
- Believe that you can always figure things out, and you will.
- Have confidence in yourself. You and your ideas have worth.
- Live like a European - work hard, but enjoy the times when you relax. Engage with other people and be in the present.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- French Girl Organics website
- Find them on Etsy and Instagram
- Summerhill School in England - the alternative, “free” school
- The Book of Knowledge by Grolier
- Etsy success stories & tips
- Kristeen’s knitting book, French Girl Knits
- Urban Craft Uprising
- Renegade Craft Fair
- French Girl Organics at Anthropologie, Gwyneth Paltrow’s Goop (found in Nordstroms), Follain, Catbird NYC, Revolve.com
- Find French Girl Organics at a store near you
- Upcoming retailers - Neiman Marcus, Hudson’s Bay in Canada
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.