Why is it so important to show your authentic self on social media? Amy Jo Martin, social media strategist, best-selling author, and host of the podcast Why Not Now? has built a career by helping huge brands and celebrities like Shaquille O'Neal and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson become more popular by becoming more personable through their online presence. She explains how to identify the value you provide for your followers, which social media platform you should try first, what practices are most common among highly successful career renegades, and how social media grows your business when you show up and share yourself.
Grab our free Social Media cheat sheet! https://cathyheller.lpages.co/social-media-cheatsheet/
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Humans connect with humans. Not logos.
- Identify your value, the thing that makes you different. Then deliver value when, where, and how your audience wants to receive it.
- Be authentically true to yourself and your tribe will find you.
- Start with one platform where you think you’ll resonate the most. You can always experiment with the others and switch it up.
- Keep yourself accountable. Tell someone your plan, even if you don’t have everything mapped out.
- Calculate - what’s the worst thing that could happen?
- Use adversity as a springboard to leap forward.
- There’s no room for someone to do it the same way, but there’s definitely room for you to do it your way. It’s a one-horse race.
- Where purpose, passion, and skill collide...bliss resides.
- Let gratitude be your strategy.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Follow Amy Jo Martin on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram
- Listen to Amy's podcast Why Not Now?
- Guests include Tony Robbins, Jessica Alba, Mark Cuban, Arianna Huffington, and more!
- Read Amy's book Renegades Write the Rules: How the Digital Royalty Use Social Media to Innovate
- Former NBA star Shaquille O'Neal on Twitter
- Actor & former pro wrestler Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson on Twitter
- Tony Hsieh, CEO of Zappos
- Amy's #SpreadSeratonin challenge
- Originals by Adam Grant
- Transcendental Meditation (TM)
- Listener wins!
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.