How do you craft a soul, a mindset, and habits that lead to purpose and joy? Amy Tangerine, fashion designer, scrapbooker, author, and craft extraordinaire has sold her designs in Bloomingdales and Neiman Marcus, traveled the world to teach the art of scrapbook making, and collaborated with craft empires like American Crafts - but she's always looking for that next creative opportunity that deserves a big "yes!" She sheds her advice on how to know your worth when you set your price, how to launch a new product, and how to give yourself permission to explore the next great chapter of your life.
Join our live Don't Keep Your Day Job Workshop in Los Angeles! Dontkeepyourdayjob.com/workshop
Thanks to Slack! Slack: Where work happens. Go to slack.com to learn more.
Thank you Blue Apron! Check out this week’s menu and get your first 3 meals free—by going to BlueApron.com/Dreamjob.
Thanks Rothy's! Go to rothys.com/dreamjob to get your cute shoes & free shipping.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Take a chance and go for it. What’s the worst that could happen?
- Be selective about what you want to do and where you want to thrive.
- It’s okay to hit pause. Take time to make something out of your memories.
- Be open to starting a conversation.
- Have a strong vision for your end goal.
- Find out where your heart sings. Make it a part of your every day.
- Say yes to an opportunity if it provides freedom, fulfillment, or fun.
- Don’t think of your price by the hours, but by the years of your experience.
- Give yourself permission to explore and share with the world. Great things never come from comfort zones.
- Believe in yourself. Let yourself be yourself.
- Throw something wild and wonderful out there.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Follow Amy Tangerine on Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest
- Read Amy's book, Craft A Life You Love
- Amy's new back-to-school collaboration with Avery
- Elite Model Management
- Fred Segal
- Cindy Crawford, model who wore Amy's tank top during her workout
- Hudson Jeans
- Stores that picked up Amy Tangerine
- American Crafts
- CHA trade show (Creativation)
- Brooke Castillo's Life Coach School podcast
- Our episode with Martha Beck
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.