How do you make content that satisfies your creative message and a community with millions of followers? How do you stay true to who you are, even when you aren't feeling 100%? Hannah Hart - award-winning YouTube star, best-selling author, and podcast host of Hannahlyze This - is on top of the career food chain, but she's the first to admit that she's a work in progress when it comes to dealing with her depression and mental health. She shares her advice on why you should stop believing in the "overnight success," what best practices you should follow regardless of the numbers, and how to manage the unwelcome voices in your head - and instead, tell yourself "Good job."
Interested in our FREE Master Class? Go to EveryoneCanPodcast.com for more information.
- Thanks Rothys! Go to Rothys.com and use code dreamjob for cute, sustainable shoes with FREE shipping!
- Thank you BetaBrand! Get 20% off at BetaBrand.com and use promo code dreamjob.
- Thank you Weebly! Go to weebly.com/dreamjob to get 15% off your first purchase.
- Thanks to Skillshare! Get 2 months of Skillshare for just 99 cents at Skillshare.com/DREAMJOB
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- There’s no such thing as overnight success. It’s an excuse to give up your dream or never make it happen.
- Be consistent regardless of results. Focus on the qualitative outcomes, not the quantitative ones.
- If you feel fulfillment in the process of creating, you’re in a good spot.
- De-invite the parts of your mind that aren’t serving you.
- Forgive yourself.
- Actively tell yourself you are worthy.
- Self awareness is not an a-ha moment. It takes time to see patterns and take responsibility.
- Collaborate and diversify. Build your voice and a community of people who you like.
- Create content that’s in line with what your audience wants and what you want.
- Have a reason why you’re doing this. Don’t be a bot.
- Good job.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Listen to Hannah Hart's podcast Hannahlyze This
- Follow Hannah Hart on Instagram and Twitter
- Watch Hannah Hart's YouTube channel My Hart
- My Drunk Kitchen series
- Hannah's books
- Hannah's key tips for growing your YouTube audience:
- Be consistent.
- Create content that you want and what your audience wants.
- Naturally want to participate.
- Hannahlyze This episodes mentioned:
- Listener wins!
- Shannon Marie for being vulnerable and sharing a fail
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.