Overthinking - we're all guilty of it. It paralyzes us, creates anxiety, brings out fears we didn't even know we had. So how do we escape our crazy, negative thought spiral? Cathy shares her tricks to quiet down your wild mind, including how to pinpoint the root cause of your overthinking, what practices can pull you out of worries, and how to open yourself up to all the good that you deserve.
Let's meet! Join our live Don't Keep Your Day Job Workshop in LA dontkeepyourdayjob.com/workshop Use coupon code DREAMJOB50 before August 13 and get 50% off tickets!
Thanks Grove! Try Grove with a two-month VIP membership and bonus gift by going to Grove.co/DREAMJOB
Thank you Legacy Box! Go to LegacyBox.com/DREAMJOB to get 40% off your first order.
Thanks to Secret Clinical Strength Antiperspirant!
Thanks Casper! Save $50 on select mattresses at http://www.casper.com/dreamjob and use code dreamjob.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
You have been assigned to do something extraordinary and magical.
Give yourself time to explore. Life can be in pencil.
Find your chargers. Find those sources of energy to make you more productive.
Write out your busy thoughts. Then challenge them. Just because you think something doesn’t mean it’s true.
You can’t predict the future. Stop wasting time worrying about what could happen.
The more you fail will make you far more successful.
We live the lives that we’re willing to tolerate.
What is the story you tell yourself about what you deserve?
It’s okay to want things. Now show up and go for it.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Follow Cathy @cathy.heller on Instagram to be entered in the giveaway! $75 to your favorite Etsy store!
- Our episode with Carey Bentley on productivity
- Forbes article "6 Ways to Stop Overthinking Everything"
- Get your thoughts out
- Challenge your thoughts, ask if they're true
- Change it up and redirect your attention
- Practice mindfulness and let the thoughts pass
- Julia Cameron morning pages
- Inc article "10 Simple Ways You Can Stop Yourself From Overthinking"
- Screw perfect
- Put things in perspective
- Remember you aren't psychic
- Inspire yourself
- Change your perspective on failure
- Tony Robbins on having healthy habits & relationship with money
- Nelson Mandela quote: "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
- Listener win!
- Congrats to Greg Franklin from Cheesecake Ninja on getting fired!
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.