Most of us spend at least 12 years in school, but we come out of it still wondering, "How can I be happier?" "How can I bring more fulfillment into my life?" "How can I develop the strength to fight every single challenge when it's so overwhelming?" Cathy reveals the lessons you don't get in a classroom, including how to reframe your interpretation of effort and failure, cultivate more positivity, and build grit and resilience by discovering your life's work.
WHAT THEY DON'T TEACH YOU IN SCHOOL:
- You're enough.
- You don't have to be perfect.
- When things are hard, you're gonna keep going.
- You were put in this world with something only YOU can deliver.
- Keep exploring until you find that thing inside of you that this world cannot live without.
- Rinse and repeat. Wake up every day knowing that all of these things are true.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Carol Dweck's book, Mindset
- Growth mindset vs. fixed mindset
- Carol Dweck's quote: "The best thing parents can do is teach their children to love challenges, to be intrigued by mistakes, enjoy effort, and keep on learning."
- Elon Musk's failures in Tesla, SpaceX, and many more
- The Happiness Advantage by Shawn Anchor
- Shawn Anchor's exercises to rewire your brain:
- Write down 3 things you're grateful for every day
- Journal about an experience you enjoyed every day
- Do a random act of kindness
- How to find your ikigai
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.