How an Immigrant Worked from Rags to Riches - Edible Arrangements Tariq Farid
How does giving back to your community result in an international empire with over 1200 locations? Tariq Farid, founder of Edible Arrangements grew up with very little money - but also with an entrepreneurial spirit and a wise mother who taught him the power of keeping your customers happy. He’s used that guidance to go the extra mile and “Wow!” every person who buys his fresh fruit bouquets, and the results have been nothing short of amazing. He shares the 5 P's that define every business, the importance of working on your weaknesses first, and the blessings that come when you stop selling and instead, sprinkle generosity to your corner of the world.
- Want to be interviewed on the show? Email us email@example.com with your 2018 milestones, wins, hurdles, and your bigger goals for 2019!
- Come to our 2-day live event in March 2019! https://cathy-heller.teachable.com/p/live-event
- Join our list of vendors for our first ever Holiday Shopping List! dontkeepyourdayjob.com/shoppinglist
- Grab this week's cheat sheet https://cathyheller.lpages.co/tariq-farid-cheatsheet
- Join a local or virtual meetup group! dontkeepyourdayjob.com/meetup-groups
Thanks LeTote! LeTote.com, code DreamJob for 20% off your first month
Thank you Talkspace! Talkspace.com/dreamjob, code dreamjob for $45 off your first month
Thanks Slack! Slack.com
Thanks Skillshare! 2 months of Skillshare for just 99 cents at Skillshare.com/dreamjob
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
When the passion is there, you can’t just quit. You have to try.
Have a star you want to chase.
Make a promise to yourself and your customers. Deliver on that promise.
Be prepared for the long climb.
Stop chasing money because it runs really fast. Do the right thing, and it’ll chase you.
Don’t aim to sell. Aim to make people happy.
Have a support network who can walk with you through tough times.
Focus on strengthening your biggest weakness first.
When you take care of people, they take care of you.
Leave the world a little better than you found it. Give back what you make from it.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.