How do you set a price on doing what you love? Why must every business solve a problem? Christy Wright - author, Dave Ramsey personality, and business coach - created Business Boutique to provide aspiring entrepreneurs with actionable steps for turning their idea into a small business. She shares her sage advice on how to determine your value proposition, how to build your dream job with limited time and money, which questions will identify your strengths, and how to lose the weight of fear by exercising your muscle of confidence.
Thanks to Zola! To sign up with Zola and receive a $50 credit towards your registry, go to ZOLA.com/dreamjob.
Thank you Slack! Slack: Where work happens. Find out why at slack.com.
Thanks Daily Harvest! Go to daily-harvest.com and use promo code Dreamjob for three FREE Daily Harvest cups.
Thanks to Third Love! Get 15% off your first purchase at Thirdlove.com/dreamjob
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- You don't need a full plan to begin. Just know what problem your business will solve.
- Don't ask "How much should I charge per hour?" Ask "What is the value of my service? How much is that worth?"
- Don't let other people define success for you.
- Have a clear brand. We don't buy the best products & services - we buy the ones we understand the fastest.
- No one in the whole world has what you have.
- There is no such thing as ready. Do it scared, and build the muscle of confidence.
- Identify the demographics and psychographics of your ideal customer. It will lead you to them.
- We don't have a time problem. We have a priority problem.
- Think in terms of steps, not leaps. Turn your big dream into the 1.0 version and start there.
- If you wait for proof that you can do before you try, you'll never have it.
- Just do it.
- You got this. Believing in your business starts with you.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Check out Christy Wright's Business Boutique Academy at Businessboutique.com
- Listen to the Business Boutique Podcast
- Dave Ramsey
- Donald Miller Building a Story Brand
- The study on how often Americans check their phones - are you one of them?
- 5 questions to identify your strengths:
- What is effortless to you?
- What gives you energy?
- What do you enjoy?
- What do others encourage in you?
- Where do you excel in comparison to others?
- "I didn't know I was a bell until someone picked me up, and rang me." - Anonymous
- "The marketplace will give you certificates of appreciation with presidents' faces on them." - Rabbi Daniel Lapin
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.