Mindfulness teacher and author Susan Kaiser Greenland used to be part of the rat race. But now she works to help people slow down, relax the tension of life’s burdens, and refocus their attention to the present. She explains what mindful games and meditation practices will train you to grow comfortable with uncomfortable situations, how to set aside negative emotions to appreciate where you are right now, and why it’s important to always keep your sense of humor.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
1. This is what it is right now.
2. Learn to tolerate being uncomfortable and don't resist what you're feeling.
3. Acknowledge your emotions.
4. When the going gets tough, think about positive things in your life.
5. Don't take things personally. Dismantle your ego.
6. Accept that there's only so much you can control.
7. Keep it simple. Have fun and have a sense of humor.
8. Be proud of where you are and how far you've already gotten.
TOPICS IN THIS EPISODE:
Visit Susan's website
A layout of Dr. Dan Siegel's window of tolerance
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.