Bobbi Brown is a legendary professional makeup artist, writer, and founder of Bobbi Brown Cosmetics. But before creating her empire, she was just a girl with a passion for projects, and - thanks to her slight naïveté - the guts to contact major players in the modeling and makeup industries. Find out how a casual party conversation got her products on the floors of Bergdorf Goodman, what she’s working on since leaving the company, and how you can stop comparing yourself and remember to just have fun.
Thanks to Slack for supporting Don’t Keep Your Day Job! Slack: Where work happens. Find out why at slack.com
Also big thanks to LeTote! Go to LeTote.com and use promo code DreamJob for 50% off your first month!
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
1. It’s all about having fun.
2. Nothing comes easy.
3. Don’t worry about what it could be - just make it what it is.
4. It all starts with an idea - but it's got to be better than what’s already out there.
5. There are no excuses. Don’t make yourself a victim.
6. Stop comparing yourself.
7. Never ask for permission, but beg for forgiveness.
8. Be open to absorbing new information. Stay curious.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Follow Bobbi Brown on Instagram
Buy her book, Bobbi Brown Beauty from the Inside Out
Bonnie Maller, freelance makeup artist
Brigitte Lacombe, photographer
Lord & Taylor concept shop, JustBobbi
A little BTS article on Bruce Weber’s short film on Bobbi, The Wise-Cracking Beauty Queen
Leonard Lauder: “Never ask for permission, but beg for forgiveness.”
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.