Cathy joins Luria Petrucci, Podcast Hall of Fame inductee and live video expert to answer some of your questions at Podcast Movement. How do you balance all your passions? Should you quit your day job, or stay financially responsible (but also slightly miserable)? When should a side hustle start making a profit? Luria also shares her journey of building a tech podcast with millions of followers, then switching gears to teach live video strategies to entrepreneurs. She explains how you can build valuable relationships online, how often you should go live, what two types of content you should stream, and why being scared is a great sign.
Thanks to Blue Apron! Check out this week’s menu and get your first three meals FREE — with FREE SHIPPING — at BlueApron.com/DREAMJOB.
Thanks to Society 6! Get 20% off and FREE shipping by going to Society6.com/dreamjob and enter dreamjob at checkout.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
1. Learn from other people, but don’t allow that to be your limit.
2. Build relationships.
3. Be of value and help others with the goals they’re looking to achieve.
4. As Nike says, just do it.
5. If it’s scary, then you’re on t right track. That means your heart is in it.
6. Put your goals down on paper. Remind yourself that when it gets tough, that’s where you’re going.
7. Yes, you need some education. But don’t forget to implement it.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Luria's training website Live Streaming Pros
Follow Live Streaming Pros on Facebook
Podcast Hall of Fame 2017 Inductees (Congrats Luria!)
Luria's old video podcast, GeekBeat TV
Go Daddy, one of her early sponsors
Luria's tips for making content:
1. Get started.
2. Continue to create content and post it.
3. Give yourself some slack. It takes time to develop your voice.
4. When you want to spread the word, build relationships.
Luria's tips for using live videos:
1. Go live at least once a week - unless you have the energy to stream daily
2. Have a plan of what you want to talk about.
3. Make 2 types of live videos:
I. Show-related: have a structure, promise value and deliver it
II. Life stream: fun snippets of your life to build personal connections with your audience
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.