Amy Porterfield - social media marketing strategist, author, and podcaster - helps tons of entrepreneurs to grow, engage, and build meaningful relationships with their followers. She explains how to use online tools such as Facebook Groups and email lists, how to get out of a rut, and why you don’t have to overwork yourself to enjoy the Hotel Bel-Air experience.
Get your free worksheet here https://cathyheller.lpages.co/36-become-the-go-to-source/
Thanks to RXBAR! Get 25% off your first order at RXbar.com/dreamjob and use promo code DREAMJOB.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- If you don't know the answer, take an educated guess. You can go back and fix it later.
- You don't have to be an expert if you want to start a conversation.
- The energy of your business is directly tied to the strength of your email list.
- There's no point creating a business if you're not excited about the work.
- When you're in a rut, get out of the norm.
- It's better to listen than to talk.
- Don't wait for your fear or lack of confidence to go away before you start. Otherwise you'll never dive in.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Amy Porterfield's website
Listen to Amy's podcast, Online Marketing Made Easy
Video: Hurricane Irma - Lowe's customer gives woman the last generator because her father is on oxygen
Instastories, aka Instagram Stories
Examples of lead magnets
Cathy on Nick Loper’s podcast, Side Hustle Nation
Brian Clark's Copyblogger
The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
The Hotel Bel-Air experience - enjoy it because you deserve it.
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.