How can you set higher goals, but also make them more attainable? How does a brand become a business? Jenna Kutcher, photographer, educator, and host of the Goal Digger Podcast shares the 5 core pillars of her business strategy, tips on tackling anxiety, and the steps you must take before quitting your day job.
Join Cathy in Los Angeles on December 7! Click here for details.
Thanks to ShipStation! Try it FREE for 30 days and get an additional month free – with code DREAMJOB.
Thank you Freshbooks! Get a 30 day free trial by going to FreshBooks.com/dreamjob and enter Don't Keep Your Day Job in the “How Did You Hear About Us?” section.
Thanks eHarmony! Get a free month when you sign up for a 3 month subscription. Go to eHarmony.com and enter code DREAMJOB at checkout.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Your brand goes beyond the visuals. It needs to make people feel something.
- Be specific about your ideal client.
- Have a clear, intentional voice. Know what you want to communicate and make sure every client gets it.
- Write down your dreams in the present tense.
- Failures aren’t failures if you learned something from it. It’s all about perspective.
- Set goals quarterly instead of annually.
- Social media should be a reflection of our legacy, not a popularity contest.
- See yourself the way the world sees you. Celebrate yourself.
- Create before you consume. Leave the phone out of the bedroom.
- Raise your own glass ceiling. Don’t let the past shut off your ability to dream.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Follow Jenna on Instagram - tell her your biggest takeaway from this episode!
- Listen to the Goal Digger Podcast here or on Apple Podcasts
- Jenna's 5 core pillars:
- Build a brand that goes beyond the visuals. It should make people feel something.
- Know and understand your ideal client. Be laser-focused about who they are.
- Systemize communication with templates. Have an intentional voice that can be transferred to your team.
- Have a social media strategy. Leverage these free platforms to reach clients now so when they're ready to purchase, you're the first to come to mind.
- Create workflows and systems that you can outsource the work once you have a team.
- Jenna's Pinterest assignment:
- Go on Pinterest.
- Create a secret board.
- Go on the front page of Pinterest. Spend 10-30 minutes to pin anything that speaks to you.
- Notice the trends. Build your brand based on this.
- Make your business legal.
- Don't go into debt for your business.
- Start to grow a following.
- Put your work and your dreams out there.
- The Goal Digger episode on sharing the hard times and overcoming anxiety
- Batchworking - how it works & why you should do it
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.