Why should you open an Etsy store? What can you learn from the top sellers on Etsy? Kruti Patel Goyal, Etsy's General Manager of Seller Services, explains what you need to start your Etsy business (hint - not a lot!), how to sell on Etsy with success, and why your story is your brand's defining factor in any marketplace.
Get your free Etsy cheat sheet here!
Grab your tickets to Cathy's event in Los Angeles!
Thank you Blue Apron! Check out this week’s menu and get $30 OFF —WITH FREE SHIPPING—by going to BlueApron.com/DREAMJOB.
Thanks StoryWorth! For $20 off, visit storyworth.com/dreamjob when you subscribe!
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Think about what you want to sell, who you're selling to, and what makes your product special to them.
- We don't just buy things. We buy stories.
- The story of your product's origins is your unique factor.
- Once you know your story, find the people who are interested in it.
- Everyone starts from nothing.
- All it takes is one item.
- Nothing is set in stone.
- Take it one step at a time.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Our episode last week with Jenna Kutcher
- The seller's amazing journey as an entrepreneur:
- Excitement when you make the first sale. People actually do like what you make!
- Scaling up and realizing this could become a living.
- Managing the business. Keep it growing and innovating.
- Etsy superstars
- Etsy's Seller Handbook
- Google for Retail, Google's shopping ads
- Our episode with Kristeen Griffin-Grimes from French Girl Organics
- Use the social media tool on the Sell on Etsy app
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.