How can you turn your idea into income? Why do we all need a side hustle? Chris Guillebeau, author, blogger, and host of the podcast, Side Hustle School is the expert on leading a life of non-conformity. He shares how he and other people around the world have transformed their hobbies into offers, how to identify and maximize your existing strengths, and why there's a power in giving up.
Thank you Aaptiv! New members get 50% off annual membership at http://www.aaptiv.com/DREAMJOB.
Thanks Slack! Slack: Where work happens. Find out why at slack.com.
Thanks to HP! Save 35% at HP.com/dream and use code DREAMJOB
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Persist in finding your purpose. There's a power in giving up when you realize you're on the wrong path.
- It's not about learning new skills, but making your existing skills valuable to the world.
- Start a dialogue to identify your strengths. Why do people ask you for advice? What are you often assigned to do?
- Experience produces confidence. Go create that experience.
- Be curious. Be willing to ask the "what if" questions.
- Simplify. Make it easy for customers to take action.
- We all have crazy ideas and dumb ideas. But when the idea keeps coming back, it's there for a reason.
- Write out your steps. Create a process that won't change how you work, but will support and guide you towards your dream.
- Even if you only have 20 minutes, make those 20 minutes count. Identify what's essential and know in advance what you'll work on.
- You don't have to live your life the way others expect you to.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Chris Guillebeau website
- Read Chris's books
- Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 days
- The Art of Non-Conformity
- Born For This
- The $100 Startup
- Listen to Chris's podcast, Side Hustle School
- Case studies from Side Hustle School
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.