How can you find the followers, customers, the audience who want what you have to offer? What information should you know about your target market? Cathy shares the tactics to tailor your service to your core community, the exercise to pinpoint which values you and your tribe have in common, and the steps to ensure that you're continually solving a problem for your audience.
- Join the Find Your Niche Challenge! https://cathyheller.lpages.co/findyournichechallenge/
- Thanks Weebly! Go to weebly.com/dreamjob to get 15% off your first purchase.
- Thank you Ritual! Invest in your health at Ritual.com/dreamjob
- Thanks to Legacy Box! Go to LegacyBox.com/DREAMJOB to get 40% off your first order.
- Thanks Blue Apron! Check out this week’s menu and get $30 off - with FREE shipping - by going to BlueApron.com/DREAMJOB.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- When you turn your hobby into a business, it becomes about something other than you.
- Identify "Who is this for? What do they need? What do they want?" Then tailor your product or service to solve their problem.
- Be as specific as possible. If you try to attract anybody and everybody, you attract nobody.
- Just start. You can always change directions later.
- Survey your target market. Ask them directly what they need from you.
- Give away as much free content as you can. Prove that you provide real value.
- Surround yourself with people who believe in you.
- In order to make something great, you have to know who you're making it for.
- You are not a sellout.
- Stand for something. Stand for someone. It will lead you to a place where you'll make things for everyone.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Our episode with author & entrepreneur Seth Godin about radical empathy
- Our episode with comedian Wayne Federman about being specific
- How Zumba Became The Largest Fitness Brand In The World (Business Insider)
- Our episode with pottery maker Brian Ginewski about not being a sellout
- Listener wins!
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.