Why should you make a Facebook Group for your business or brand? How do you grow an engaged, active Facebook Group? Jill Stanton, co-founder of Screw the Nine to Five, has mastered the craft of building, expanding, and managing successful Facebook Groups. She shares her expert advice on how to welcome new members and spark conversations, which types of businesses benefit most from FB Groups, how your Group can get discovered, and how to Screw the Nine To Five so you can find freedom and fulfillment in work that you love.
Join Cathy's Free Masterclass! More info at EveryoneCanPodcast.com
- Thanks Weebly! Go to weebly.com/dreamjob to get 15% off your first purchase.
- Thank you Great Women of Business Podcast! Listen at parcast.com
- Thanks to Casper! Save $50 on select mattresses at www.casper.com/dreamjob and use code dreamjob.
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
- Don’t assume you know what people want. Ask them.
- It’s not enough to just make the community. Pay attention. Care about them.
- Give away 90% of your best content for free. Sell the other 10%.
- Engagement is QUEEN.
- There is no magic number.
- Good decisions aren’t made out of desperation. It’s worth building a runway before you fully screw the 9 to 5.
- Pre-sell your course. Build an audience who will buy it.
- Don’t beat yourself up for having doubts. Everyone second guesses themselves.
- We assign the negative meaning to our thoughts - but it doesn’t have to be that way. Push through the BS and on the other side is where all the magic happens.
- The vanity numbers don’t matter. It’s all changeable. Stop the comparisons, and focus on your process.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Listen to Screw The Nine To Five Podcast
- The Screw U membership community
- Join the NEW Screw the Nine To Five Community Facebook Group
- Read their blog post on all the tips for Facebook Groups, like:
- Listener win!
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.