How to Live Life On Your Terms - Sarah Knight
How can you let go of the expectations that don’t serve you, and start living as your unapologetic self? Sarah Knight, the bestselling author of the No F*cks Given Guides quit her fancy NYC publishing job, uprooted her life to the Dominican Republic, and now helps people all over the world live on their own terms too. She shares how to stop worrying about what other people think, which anxieties actually deserve your time and energy, and how you can transform your struggles into achievable goals towards the life you really want.
- Download the cheat sheet with all of Sarah's sage advice! https://cathyheller.lpages.co/sarah-knight-cheat-sheet/
- Check out all of Sarah's books! bit.ly/sarahknightdkydj
- Join a local DKYDJ meetup group! dontkeepyourdayjob.com/meetup-groups
- Hang out with us at the Dreamtopia Workshop in March! dreamtopiaworkshop.com
- Thanks ClassPass! First month FREE at ClassPass.com/try/dreamjob
- Thank you Robin Hood! FREE stock when you sign up dreamjob.robinhood.com
- Thank you Bioclarity! Bioclarity.com and code dreamjob for a FREE Clarifying masque
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
Be ruthlessly honest with yourself. Sit down and clean out your mental barn.
Spend your time, money, and energy towards the things that serve you.
You can do things your way and be polite about it. When you execute it properly, you have nothing to apologize for.
What is really going to make you happy? How about trying that.
If you’re stuck, ask “What’s wrong with my life? Why?” The answer to those two questions is your goal.
Name your tarantulas. Find out what the underlying problem is.
When the anxious “what ifs” are driving you nuts - think about the likelihood that it’ll actually come to pass.
If there’s a situation you can’t control, set it aside. Spend your freakout funds on something you can control.
Do what you want to do now. Life is too short.
There’s nothing wrong with looking out for number one. You have to be in charge of your own happiness because no one else’s job is to do it for you.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Buy Sarah's books & get the guides
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.