What They Should Have Taught Us in School But Didn’t
What are some essential lessons to a successful career and life that you didn't learn in school? This year we revisit the topic of What they didn't teach us in school, but this round features some important advice from the experts we've had on the show, including Seth Godin, Amber Rae, Danielle LaPorte, Susie Moore, Kate Northrup, and many more. Find out how to release your need for perfection, face your fears, give yourself a vacation, and exceed in your work without being an A+ student.
- Help us light up the world through Cathy's book & join the Immersion Experience! http://dontkeepyourdayjob.com/book/
- Thanks Kettlebell Kitchen! Kettlebellkitchen.com, code dreamjob for $50 off of your first 2 orders!
- Thanks Honey! Get Honey for Free at joinhoney.com/dreamjob
- Thank you Peloton! Onepeloton.com, code dreamjob for $100 off accessories when you purchase the Peloton Bike
- Thanks to Native! Get 20% off at Nativedeodorant.com, code dreamjob
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
Just start. Let it be lousy.
Fear doesn’t have to control your life. Talk to it. Challenge it.
Follow your curiosity. Make the ugly cheesecake, and the next one, and the next one.
Failure is not a dead end. It’s just one stop on the road to the next better iteration.
Give yourself a break. It’s okay to do less.
You don’t need to be an expert or an inventor to make a difference. Just do something that makes another person feel seen.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Listen to our 2 part series on What They Don't Teach in School from 2018
Episodes & guests referenced:
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.