How Grassroots Marketing Built a Fierce Tribe of 7 Million Subscribers - theSkimm's Danielle Weisberg & Carly Zakin
How did a conversation on the couch transform into a popular newsletter with over 7 million subscribers? Carly Zakin and Danielle Weisberg, co-founders of theSkimm sacrificed sleep and financial comfort to make their daily newsletter become an empire, and their hustle paid off in huge dividends. They explain how they've fostered an intensely engaged community, what 3 key components will help you create quality content, and how to manage time and stress so you can show up and serve your audience as your best self.
- Join the Passion to Profit Accelerator Course! cathyscourse.com
- Sign up for Tuesday's masterclass http://bit.ly/2wHuIou
- Preorder Cathy's book dontkeepyourdayjob.com/book
- Thanks Skillshare! Skillshare.com/dreamjob2 for 2 Free months
- Thanks LinkedIn! Find the job meant for you at LinkedIn.com/JOBS
- Thank you Experian! Boost your FICO score instantly for freeExperian.com/dreamjob
TAKEAWAYS FROM THIS EPISODE:
Give back by fostering community. Provide a platform where people can connect with each other.
To make great content, ask yourself “Who is my audience? How are they consuming it? What’s the value?”
Authenticity and transparency build trust - and trust is the ultimate commodity.
Let yourself feel the doubt, and then move on. No one else is going to get you out of the situation. Do it for you.
Surround yourself with your cheerleaders.
Know the tradeoffs before you quit your day job. There’s never a best time, so do what’s comfortable for you.
No one is a machine with no brakes - so block off that sacred time on your calendar, and make that self care a priority.
MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
Thank you so much for listening!
If you have any general questions or comments for the show, click here.
If you'd like to advertise with us, click here.